Inspection, Data Collection & Analysis of Automotive Fasteners
Blue Grass Manufacturing Co. of Lexington Inc. was asked to provide inspection, data collection and process validation (or analysis) activities for an automotive fastener manufacturer. We set up a visual inspection operation and developed detailed procedures that controlled the process. Lot traceability, visual control methods, and operator training and validation were all paramount to ensuring a consistent high performance.
The whole process was documented in detail to meet our ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standards. Detailed data was collected on various types of defects and fed back to the customer. This data proved very helpful to the customer's engineering team tasked with eliminating fastener defects.
Both visual and gage inspections have been performed on more than 200 different products, with volumes of between 50,000 to 250,000 fasteners per day and totaling more than 36 million per year. Parts dimensions range from ½" to 8" in length.
Sorting and validation remain key services. To find out how we could apply this expertise to your ongoing operations, contact us directly.
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Automotive Fastener Inspection and Analysis Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Production Inspection and Sorting
- Product Description
- Inspection and process validation activities for automotive fasteners
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Data collection and analysis
- Equipment Used to Inspect Automotive Fasteners
- Highly trained operators, Work instructions, visual controls, gages
- Overall Fastener Dimensions
- Typically ½ to 8" (13 - 203 mm)
- Material Used
- Automotive fasteners
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Visual inspection, gage inspection
- Industry for Use
- 50,000 to 250,000 per day, 36 million per year
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
- ISO 9001:2008